Monday, February 15, 2010

How This Journey Started



Mr. Ishwar Sharan Mani Tripathi was born on 29th Jan 1933 in the small village Pokharbhinda of Chauri Chaura Tehsil in Gorakhpur. He was second son of Mr. Kamlapati Tripathi and Mrs. Saraswati Devi. The joint family structure imparted a great sense of mutual cooperation and respect for values and culture. Being the son of Jamindar (Landlord) money was not a big problem but still it was a small one, because Jamindari was not a big one. After independence Jamindari was abolished, this resulted in young ones of landlord families to look at some other source of income. Mr. Ishwar Sharan also opted the same way. Soon he got a job of clerk in Railways. But the education paid soon, and through a departmental exam he was promoted to Jr. Officer Grade, it was 26.11.1960. While he was on duty at the tracks he saw an old woman trying to cross the rails, and as she ignored the approaching engine towards her she was in deep trouble. Soon Mr. Tripathi tried to save her and in the process he himself was hit fatally by the engine of train. He died on the spot.

This great man who sacrificed his life in such act of bravery was my grand father. He left behind him my father and my grand mother. A lady of age 23 and a child of age around 4 years would have not survived if elder brother of my grand father would have not taken the responsibility of my grand mother and my father.

One day when we were sitting at my home in my ancestral village, my friend Amit Kumar Pandey suggested that we should form an organization through which we should do some social work and he suggested to name it  after my grand father. This organization should be devoted to promote the noble idea of universal brother hood, and should be of non profitable nature.

A meeting was called on my birthday and an organization was formed named Ishwar Sharan Memorial Social Welfare Society.

So friends we have started our journey. At various stages I will intimate you all about our works and our progress. Please keep an eye on our reports and do let us know about your valuable suggestions.

Thankyou

Vaibhav Mani Tripathi 
Manager ISMS Society

5 comments:

  1. gd start vaibhav bhaiya...
    However I found certain points related to the functioning and the strategy which we could discuss over phone.....
    All the best 4 d new journey.....

    Regards
    Shweta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Good Work Vaibhav Bhaiya!!!

    Regards,
    Amit Singh
    IBM India

    ReplyDelete
  3. its a good beginning, I appreciate your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Vaibhav,

    You are doing a great job. Could you tell me a bit more about yourself and your school, where it is located and send me more details. I can connect you with people who might be able to help.

    Pankaj
    Integrysme@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete